FOR MANY YEARS NOW CIVIL PARTNERSHIPS AND SAME SEX CEREMONIES HAVE BEEN LEGAL IN THE UNITED KINGDOM BUT IN GENERAL, THE SERVICE TENDS TO BE QUITE SHORT AND THE CONTENT RESTRICTED. THANKFULLY, THAT DOES NOT NEED TO BE THE CASE AT ALL!
You still need to complete the legal side with a registrar, which can be done quickly at a time and date of your choosing, it does not have to be on the same day as your celebration, it is your choice.
Thereafter, your options are endless and this is where Jon can create the ceremony that celebrates your love for each other. As an Independent Celebrant, Jon has the total freedom to design a ceremony that truly reflects you as a couple, captures your love story and honours your lifetime commitment to each other.
No ceremony he creates are the same, it will be your bespoke ceremony and as unique as you are as a couple, the sky really is your limit and your imagination the boundaries. It can be at a time and place of your choosing, contain as much or as little religion as you wish, the vows will be personal to you, the poetry and readings will be your choice, the music will be what you decide, there really are no restrictions.
You can involve your friends and family, your children can be a part of the ceremony, there are an abundance of symbolic elements where they can participate, Sand Ceremonies, Unity Candles, Blessing of Rings and many more, each very special that will symbolise your love for each other. Just imagine the ceremony of your dreams, on a beach, in the woods, some beautiful gardens or just in a place that has significance in your lives.
It would be an honour for Jon to create your bespoke ceremony and be a part of this very special day.
“I believe that marriage isn’t between a man and woman, but between love and love” – Frank Ocean
What happens next?
- Contact him as below.
- Initial Face to Face/Skype/Facetime meeting to discuss the ceremony in depth.
- To secure your day it needs to be booked within 7 days of the initial meeting.
- He provides options for the ceremony. (Time/Location/Style/Content)
- Gives you access to a multitude of poems, vows and readings.
- Access to alternative ceremony ideas. (Handfasting/Unity Candles/Sand ceremony etc.)
- Produces a professionally crafted ceremony script.
- Provides regular reviews and revisions.
- Regular email, telephone or Skype/Facetime support.
- A final draft script will be available 28 days prior to your ceremony.
- Allows further script editing up to a week before the ceremony.
- Ensures a professional delivery of the ceremony.
- Shares with you your own personal copy of the script.
- Provides a commemorative Eternal Ceremonies Wedding Certificate as a lasting keepsake.
Note: If additional expenses arise, they will be charged only with your agreement. Further information can be found in the Terms and Conditions.
Just a gentle reminder that this ceremony is not legally binding in the UK. Jon has used the term ‘Wedding’ throughout, it is not a ‘Marriage’, if you wish to ensure that your marriage is recognised legally in the UK, you must book an appointment with your local registry office and comply with the legal proceedings. It does not have to be on the same day, it is your choice.
If you would like any further information, please do not hesitate to give Jon a call.
Latest News and Articles
I am Jon Harris, I am an Independent Celebrant predominantly based in Nottinghamshire but am happy to travel and I am trained by the respected Fellowship of Independent Celebrants (FOIC). The very...
As you can see on my Pinterest site, I have a board that specifically relates to Unity Ceremony Ideas and in addition, my website also touches on some Symbolic Unity Elements. These elements can be...
I am often asked about what you can with your loved ones ashes. Like most things in this modern era we now have so many different options. Obviously, the simple traditional options, such as placing...
Search the site
13 The Spinney, Elston, Nottinghamshire, NG23 5PE
Tel: 07305 929423